Tuesday, November 17, 2009

I wish my life were Entourage

I have recently grown addicted to the HBO show, Entourage. It is the perfect combination of dreamy eye candy, meaningless escapism, and vague covetousness. Sometimes, like tonight, I half watch the episodes while I frantically lesson plan and I dream about what my life would be like if instead of sitting in my pajamas, buried under piles of books and ungraded papers, I were cruising L.A. on the periphery of stardom.

But then I laugh at myself a little and think, come on. For one thing, I am not nearly tan enough, For another, no matter how unhappy or fatigued or just plain sick of the back talk and horrors of my chaotic school, I could never not be doing something that meant something to me. I have, and always will I believe, have that need for depth and fulfillment that I know driving around San Fran with my homies in a Maserati just wouldn't cut it.

So I will go back to figuring out I will teach my 8th graders with a 5th grade reading level how to understand Shakespeare without the aids of pop culture, technology, modern translations, or movie adpatations. And it will be good. Maybe not tomorrow, but sometime soon. I feel it. Maybe not TV good, but maybe even better.

Though Cougartown is on tomorrow night... there's my hopes and dreams for later in life ;-)

1 comment:

  1. Maseratis are for vacations! Someday you will have vacations, too. :)

    I can't wait to be a cougar. It's only like eighteen more years or so.

    ReplyDelete